Education is directed at all aspects of human development, emotional, social, and intellectual so that each student will become the best citizen of which she or he is capable, with a motivation for life-long learning. We, as a community, are committed to providing a nurturing and healthy environment in which all students can learn.
The Mission of the Livingston County Special Services Unit
- The educational needs of all students are identified and addressed by providing a broad range of high quality services.
- The knowledge and skills of educators, parents, students and the community are utilized and expanded as they collaborate efforts and ideas to design, implement, evaluate and maintain effective educational programs.
- Programs are developed that promote healthy and nurturing environments and address the emotional, social and intellectual needs of students.
The Goals of the Livingston County Special Services Unit
- All students are educated in their home school with appropriate supports to ensure success.
- Student assistance teams are implemented in every school through technical assistance and support by the LCSSU staff.
- An assessment system is implemented which provides appropriate data for planning, implementing, and evaluating effective intervention programs.
- A written plan, which is developed through a joint effort by the LCSSU staff and member school districts, provides educational opportunities and support for parents and students.
- Partnerships are created within the community to help students reach their educational goals.